Here’s what makes them so great, and my new top pick for book buying:
- All books sold help fund high-impact literacy projects around the world.
- Not only do they sell new books, but they collect and sell donated books as well. Not only is this a great way to reduce/reuse/recycle, it also has helped to generate $4.5 million in funding for literacy and education. So far, over 6,000 tons of books have avoided landfills.
- To date, Better World Books has donated over 1 million books to literacy programs.
- Every order is shipped carbon neutral, using offsets from Carbonfund.org.
- The company was started by college students who knew first-hand about the importance of passing on textbooks, literacy and business with a social conscience.
Ah, that feels good… like a warm towel after a shower. Head over to Green Daily for great tips on how to greenify your life, a little bit at a time, and a sweet “Top Ten Green Kids’ Books” list that I’m way jealous I didn’t think of first.