Win Free Books for a Year

tweet4books1

(Update 8-11-2009: Congratulations to @rotemu, our first place winner! Enjoy your Year of Books!)
(Update 8-12-2009: Congratulations to our 2nd place winners: @whendrinksmix, @gabbytmb, @45thParallelism, @Calig_Kela, @fartsyarts, @TsarLeo, @Nimue23, @kinfolknews, and @ygor!)

The Year of Books contest begins today!  Here’s how to enter:

1. Follow @BWBooks on Twitter.
  2. Tweet this (Click here or copy & paste the following into Twitter):

I just entered the @BWBooks “Year of Books” Contest. I can win a year’s supply of books (and more)! (http://bit.ly/yearofbooks) #bwbcontest

The randomly-selected Winner will receive:

• Free Books for a Year!tweet4books2
    This will be in the form of one $20 gift certificate code emailed once a month.  You can use this toward anything we sell on the website, including the Bargain Bin (Since the Bin allows you to get 5 books for $15, you could get 80 Bargain Bin books over the course of the year!).
  • Tote Bag
    This is how you carry your plethora of books.  It’s sturdy, structurally sound, and reduces arm-strain.
  • Better World Books T-shirt
    Your choice of our “Please Read Responsibly” or “Well Read” shirts in mens or ladies.  This covers your body while you read your plethora of books, and protects you from drafts of cold air.

2nd through 10th place Winners will receive:

• One $10 Gift Certificate
  • Tote Bag
  • Better World Books T-shirttweet4books_shirts

Don’t forget to Follow @BWBooks on Twitter once you’ve tweeted the message so that we can Direct Message you and get your info.  Otherwise we’re, um,  contractually obligated to use your prizes ourselves… yeah.

The contest ends Friday, August 7th, at 11:59:59 PM, Pacific Time.

If you have any other questions about the contest, email us at yearofbooks@betterworldbooks.com.

**UPDATE**
Here are some answers to questions people have been asking about the Year of Books drawing.

Q: Can I participate if I’m not in the U.S.?
A: Absolutely.  We ship to anywhere in the world.  Just remember that shipping is free in the U.S., and $3.97 per book outside the U.S.  The gift certificates the winner will receive are for $20 each month, so be sure to take that into account when ordering.

Q: Can I tweet more than once?
A: You can tweet the message up to once per day through August 7th.  Since we’re selecting a winner randomly, two tweets gives you better chances than one tweet.  But don’t go over your once-a-day limit, or your friends will throw tomatoes at you.

Q: How can I enter if I don’t use Twitter?
A: Twitterphobia is a common affliction that affects many internet users.  Symptoms include headaches, heavy sighs, shaking your fist in the air, and not knowing when your friends are eating lunch / walking their dogs / watching TV.  A known cure for this malady is to go to http://www.twitter.com and spend 2 minutes creating an account, then referring to the instructions at the top of this blog post.  However, those diagnosed with Terminal Twitterphobia should keep watching www.BetterWorldBooks.com for upcoming promotions in the near future! (*Cough-cough*-earlyseptember-*cough*)

Q: How will I know if I win?
A: If you’ve been randomly picked as the winner, we’ll send you a Direct Message via Twitter.  (Make sure you’ve Followed @BWBooks so we can message you.)

Q: Can I buy your sweet T-shirts from the site?
A: Not yet.  But stay tuned, we’re working on that.

Q: I was already following you on Twitter.  I still qualify for this contest, right?
A: Of course!

Q: Do I have to use my BetterWorldBooks.com info on Twitter so you know who I am?
A: Nope!  We’ll Direct Message the winner via Twitter to get their info.

Q: Can I Tweet whatever I want and still qualify for the drawing?
A: No, you’ll have to post the exact message at the top of this post to be entered into the drawing.

128 Comments

1. This is a GREAT sweepstakes – Thanks

2. wifiguy20191 says:

Great ideas for prizes! DeepCJimi on Twitter

3. I Tweeted again for my daily entry: rambling69

4. Tweeted again for another daily entry – rambling69

5. Karen Richardson says:

Sorry guys, but I don’t tweet, nor do I want to tweet. Why did you post a message on Facebook if we can’t use Facebook to enter this contest?

Sounds like some tweeter sort wasn’t thinking at BWB. Play fair next time or don’t play at all.

6. Twitter is down because of a denial of service attack and so I cannot post to enter the contest! :-(

7. I also follow you on Twitter @Luvschweetheart

8. I find it odd so many people are angry about the use of twitter for this contest. If it bothers you that much, take the two minutes needed to create an account, post your daily entry and when it’s over, just delete your account. I always find it odd when people complain about the chance to get something for free. I guess its that sense of entitlement so many of us have gotten in the last couple of decades.

You have the same odds as everybody else. The only thing stopping you from trying to win, is you.

Heck you could have created an account and posted your first entry in the time it took you to complain here about it.

9. Wesley B Rose (DR Ley) says:

These books will help so many disabled veterans. What a wonderful opportunity.
    God Bless you,
    “Dr Ley”

10. This is my first visit. Great resource and to know we are helping others is a definite plus. Looking forward to the tweets.

11. Yixiao Zhuang says:

Hooray!Wish myself good luch!

12. Again have entered my daily tweet: rambling69

13. Following you @JennSicu

14. It stinks, I’ve been trying to enter the contest but something happened with Twitter. :( Congradulations to who ever won. May all your days be filled with the magic and wonder of books!:)

15. I don’t know if I won, or not. I’ve been having problems with Twitter and can’t log on. And Twitter doesn’t always send me mail if I get a direct massage.

16. follow on twitter @ardy22

tried to tweet but twitter is having problems still so I shared on facebook

17. jacqueline says:

I love better world books, and appreciate what they are trying to do

18. anyone win?

19. Will my tweets be considered for the contest if my entries are not public ones? I have protected entries and, while I am following @BWBooks and have entered the contest every day from Day 1 or Day 2, @BWBooks is not following me.

Thanks! @creeping_phlox

20. sounds like fun

21. Little_Red_head says:

This is so Awesome! I read all the time! Thanks for the chance!

22. Pingback: Found and Shared | A Hen's Nest

23. camille sylvester says:

iwould love to get these