In a three part series starting today, our fearless leader, CEO David Murphy explains his optimistic outlook on the new year and the new decade.
Hard to believe it is already 2010. It’s not just a new year, but a new decade and there is so much opportunity in front of us! Why am I so bullish? Well I have three good reasons, the first of which is:
Those who believe in us:
- Our customers. Our customers see great value in what they are getting from us and they let us know. We are adding thousands of new customers every week. They like our selection, our prices, our great service. They keep coming back; they actively promote us to others (we have raving fans!) and they are helping us build a brand that stands for something good, something that is making a positive difference in this world, something they believe in. They enthusiastically support our mission and are passionate in letting us know what they think. We are far from perfect but my promise to all of our customers is that we will keep trying to get better; to truly earn their faith and their business each and every day; to deliver on the brand and the mission we are building together.
- Our employees. The most talented, diverse and enthusiastic group of employees with whom I have ever worked. Period. I am both honored and humbled to serve each and every one of them.
- Our non-profit literacy partners. The true heroes on the front lines who are delivering every day on our mission to promote and support literacy and education here in the U.S and around the world.
- Our library partners. Their discard/donation inventory provides a meaningful, innovative (and recurring!) funding stream to support the library’s critical presence in our local neighborhoods; we are honored to partner with them in thousands of communities across North America.
- Our college student supporters (this is where it all started for Better World Books!). From every book drive run on a college campus to those who participate in our buyback activities….we love the passion, the energy and the tremendous impact our college fans deliver. They are indeed helping to make this a better world…..one book at a time.
Stay tuned over the course of the next week as David continues his thoughts on the upcoming year in Part 2 & 3 of the series.