Post by Yanna Constantinou, Better World Books’ Manager of UK AcquisitionsRoom to Read, our fantastic charity partner, which supports children to gain the lifelong gift of reading, has an amazing opportunity to leverage a £100,000 match fund and put 150,000 books in the hands of children in Asia and Africa: this week only, every online donation through The Big Give website will be matched pound for pound, effectively doubling your gift and its impact.
Room to Read has an ambitious goal to fund 20 new local language children’s titles. Here’s how your donation could make a big impact during The Big Give Christmas Challenge:
- £25 is doubled to £50, which could provide 100 colourful, engaging and culturally relevant local language books to inspire children to develop a lifelong habit of reading
- £50 is doubled to £100, which could commission the services of a local author to write bright and appealing new books for their country’s children
- £125 is doubled to £250, which could provide a whole bookcase of local language books at three schools in Asia or Africa, giving hundreds more children access to books written in their own language
If you want to help Room to Read satisfy, and fuel, many more students’ thirst for engaging literature by supporting the publication of 20 new local language books, please follow these simple steps:
- Click here to “Like” Room to Read’s Facebook page for The Big Give, and receive reminders and updates about the campaign.
- Click here to donate online at 10am today, (or as soon as possible). A limited amount of the match fund is available each day, and donations up to £5,000 will be matched until the fund runs out. Further match funds will be released at 10am each day until 9th December.
By supporting Room to Read during this campaign, you will help to double the number of books children can enjoy in libraries and schools across Asia and Africa from 75,000 to 150,000, and put a smile on hundreds of thousands of children’s faces.If you have any questions about the campaign or Room to Read’s projects, please contact their London office on: 020 7883 1958 or email@example.com.
Extra Reading on Room to ReadAs seen in The New York Times! Read how columnist Nicholas Kristof calls Room to Read, “one of America’s fastest-growing charities” and about our recent milestone of the distribution of our 10 millionth book! Click here.
Check out one example of the impact book donors and BWB customers are making for Room to Read via Better World Books. Click here.