That’s right folks, our 2nd Annual LEAP for Libraries Grant Application is NOW OPEN and we’re searching for today’s library program game-changers.
What is LEAP?
LEAP stands for Literacy and Education in Action Program. A portion of every book purchased on BetterWorldBooks.com supports literacy and education around the world. We use LEAP as a way to support libraries and literacy non-profits through grants.
Who Won the LEAP for Libraries Grant Last Year?
Approximately 3.5 million dollars worth of grant requests and almost 240 applications were reviewed by the Better World Books Literacy and Library Council in 2011. While there were countless worthy projects, six emerged as the winning grant recipients. You can find their winning grant stories at www.betterworldbooks.com/librarygrants.
This year, $30,000 in funding is available; maximum grant amount per project is $15,000.
- Projects should address the literacy needs of underserved populations in their community. Literacy needs are defined by broadly identifying, understanding, interpreting, creating, communicating, and computing information to live a more fulfilling and productive life.
- Libraries may pitch only one project each, with a maximum award of $15,000. Please be sure to clearly outline the project elements that require the requested funds.
- Projects that involve partnerships with local government agencies are highly encouraged.
- Projects that will have a measurable and long term impact on an underserved population and will continue to operate after grant funds have been utilized will be looked upon favorably.
- Better World Books looks forward to reviewing applications that bring a fresh and inspired approach to challenging issues.
When is the Deadline?
February 6th – Applications open.
April 9th – Applications due.
April 10-May 30 – Selection period.
May 31 – Winner announced!
June 2012 – Donations dispersed.
I’m Sold! How Do We Apply?
Go to www.betterworldbooks.com/librarygrants for more information and to download the application..
Please share this opportunity with all remarkable library partners and friends you know!