Worldwide literacy is our mission, and we know it’s just as important in Mishawaka, Indiana as it is in Matugga, Uganda.
We deeply appreciate our teachers, librarians, day care providers and home-schoolers, who often purchase reading material for their students out of their own pockets. To help them build their classroom libraries (and often give books to kids with limited access to books), we will be holding our annual Teacher’s Sale.
Date: Saturday, August 16, 2014
Time: 9 AM – 3 PM (Rain or shine!)
Location: Our Mishawaka Warehouse (Parking lot)
55740 Currant Road
Mishawaka, IN 46545
Offer: Fill up a large box of children’s books for just $10 per box. Unlimited quantity of boxes allowed. Thousands of books to choose from.
Payment: Cash, check, money order, credit card.
- This sale is intended for educators.* You must present a valid school ID, daycare licence, etc. in order to qualify. (Please watch this space for a list of acceptable ID.)
- You must take your purchases with you.
- You are welcome to come visit us from far away! But, you’ll still need ID and will need to take the books with you.
Our Outlet Store will be open if you would like to browse additional inventory (online or in-store), which includes games, media, and “books for grownups”.
*If appropriate ID is not furnished, the purchase price for one box is $20.00.
Are there any specials?
A full box for $10 is pretty special. To make it even extra EXTRA special, we’ll have the following deals:
- Buy four boxes, get the fifth free! (Bring a friend and share!)
- First year teachers: Get a FREE box of books with coupon- no purchase necessary!
(Coupons will be distributed by your local school district: please request one if you did not already receive one.) Plus, we’ll have a few other little incentives and “thank yous” throughout the day.
Other answers to questions you may have:
How exactly does this work?
We will have thousands of children’s books for you to choose from. Be prepared to dig through large containers for the stuff you need. Fill up a box- which holds between 30-100 kids’ books- tape it closed, and check out. Easy!
How much does it cost?
For educators with valid ID, the cost is $10.00 per box. You can buy as many as you need. (No limit!) If you don’t have a valid ID, or if you are not an educator but would still like a big ol’ box of kids’ books, the cost for the box is $20.00.
How do I show that I am an educator?
- Teachers (includes student-teacher, substitutes, and teachers’ assistants): School ID (for 2013-2014 or 2014-2015 year)
- Librarians (public, academic, K-12, etc): School or Staff ID (for 2013-2014 or 2014-2015 school year)
- Day Care providers: Certification (current)
- Home schoolers: copy of certification or printout of online teaching portal; or, a copy of registration with the state, or a Teacher Discount card from another business or organization with your name on it. We are happy to work with you.
*Photo ID will be needed to support any documentation that does not have a photo.
What do I need to bring?
You’ll need your educator ID, payment, and a chunk of time to dig through thousands upon thousands of kids’ books! You might want to bring a fellow teacher, too- we’ve seen great teamwork in years past.
Boxes, tape, and books are provided.
Also, be sure to dress for the weather! Comfy clothes and shoes are recommended.
What do you mean by “kids’ books?”
We’ll have everything from baby books through high school reading available. Most books fall into the PreK-6th grade age group.
How do I pay?
Cash is easiest (it’s $10 exactly per box) and will be accepted outside where the box sale is held. Credit cards and checks are accepted in the Outlet Store.
Where exactly is the sale?
55740 Currant Rd, Mishawaka, IN 46545. Click here for a map. The sale will be in the main front parking lot. We’ll have staff around to help you park.
What if it rains?
“Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night” will stop us from having this sale. Bring your umbrella!
Is the Outlet Store open, too?
Yes! The inventory in the store is also included in the sale! This includes media (DVDs, CDs, etc.), learning kits, books, puzzles, and whatever else we find that’s cool enough to put on the shelves.
How do I get more information?
You can email us at Outlet@betterworldbooks.com. You can also call the store at (574) 968-9701.